I wanted to make something special for my mom for Mother's Day. Since I had success with the party cake I tried it again but this time using Strawberry All Fruit spread and a white chocolate butter cream. The icing didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked it to but everyone thought it was good. In the end I felt like I had a better looking cake than my first try last week. This time it wasn't so lop sided and I had an easier time icing using my new off set spatula. I couldn't believe the difference it made using that one tool.
I also made Key Lime pie in shot glasses. These mini indulgences have been getting popular in restaurants lately. And this recipe came to me through email from Top Secret Recipes. It's a copy cat of the Applebee's dessert. I had never had key lime before so I had nothing to compare it to but most everyone except for one of my nieces liked them. It worked out rather well with the recipe since it called for 4 egg yolks and the cake had 4 egg whites, so no wasted eggs...basically any key lime recipe would work...it just calls for a layer of graham crust, a layer of key lime and this one had a sweeten sour cream layer but whipped cream would look good too.
No comments:
Post a Comment