Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pizza Pizza Pizza oh And Pizza

This month's Daring Baker's challenge was pizza dough. It was very timely that this recipe was our challenge. After the crackers last month I thought I could take on pizza dough...and I got my wish...I had to do it now. The dough came together easily enough, but it was very soft and tacky. I was afraid of over working the dough so I left it as soft as possible. I must admit that I'm not that experienced working with bread doughs so I get a little impatient with getting goo all over my hands. But I must say the outcome was worth the effort. Thanks to Rosa of Rosa's Yummy Yums for hosting this month's challenge and honoring the wish and memory of Sher from What Did You Eat.


Pepperoni, sausage, mushroom and onion with red sauce.My first attempts at tossing...

BBQ Chicken Pizza
Another day's attempt at tossing...last night actually...

Ricotta cheese, minced garlic, spinach and canadian bacon...


...mushroom, onion, sausage, pepperoni with a sprinkle of gorgonzola and mozzarella


This might have been the best one...fig preserves, prosciutto, and blue cheese. YUM!


For dessert...cinnamon apples with crispy topping and a drizzle of cream cheese icing.

No comments: